I am from a farming background and have a love for food, science, nutrition and sport; combine them together and you get me doing a job that I love – working as a dietitian and performance nutritionist.
Qualifications and Professional Registrations
- CORU Registered Dietitian: Registration Number DI 021128
- SENr Accredited (Sport & Exercise Nutrition Register) – Practitioner Register
- Member of INDI (Irish Nutrition & Dietetic Institute), and Committee Member of the Sports & Exercise Nutrition Group (SENG)
- MSc Sport & Exercise Nutrition (2015-2016), Ulster University, Jordanstown.
- PgDip Dietetics (2007-2009), Glasgow Caledonian University.
- PgDip Nutritional Sciences (2003-2004), University College Cork.
- BSc Sport & Exercise Science (1998-2002), University of Limerick.
Experience to Date
I have extensive experience of working across various teams such as GAA, Camogie, Ladies Football, Rugby, Hockey, Boxing, Athletics, Rowing, Golf etc. But similarly I also have a number of years of clinical experience working with weight management, IBS, IBD, heart disease, renal and oncology.
Some of the people & teams I have provided performance nutrition support to are as follows:
- Irish Institute of Sport
- Connacht Pro14 and Academy squads from 2016-2019
- Fergal Madden – a 16 hour feed plan to help in his successful crossing of the English Channel
- Sports Institute Northern Ireland
- The Irish National Mens Hockey team as part of their Rio Olympic qualification
- Northern Irish Glasgow Commonwealth Boxing Squad in 2012
With over 12 years experience in the field of nutrition, you can trust that LM Nutrition will help you make the small (or big!) changes needed to improve your health and performance, whether at home, in work or in a sporting environment.
Whether you are looking for personal advice, a sports team looking for specific workshops, or an employer looking to see if you can improve your employee’s health & wellbeing, please do get in contact to see how we can help.